Ahhh the chicken breast: the go-to, healthy, fast week night dinner star. This parmesan crusted chicken started out as an experiment and ended up being one of our go-to, fast meals that is so, so yummy and super easy.
Chicken recipes can get boring sometimes. Amiright?
I mean, there’s a lot you can do with a chicken breast but have you ever felt that when looking up recipes, sometimes, it’s like “been there done that”. Or, sometimes there’s just so many ingredients to it that you think “why bother”?
This recipe, I am happy to say, is not like that. It has everything you could want: minimal ingredients, no time to prepare, crunchy crust, cheesy goodness. Easy to make it gluten free if you need it. Perfection. Oh….and it’s kid approved.
For a little extra perfection, make these with some Roasted Parmesan Green Beans. That is my favorite side to go with this recipe. It doubles up on a few of the ingredients so you KNOW it will go well with it. Plus that makes it easy on the budget and for meal planning.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
To make it, you start with a few juicy chicken breasts, season evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then top it off with a 50/50 mix of a nice buttery, salty, parmesan cheese and some crunchy panko bread crumbs. Throw it in the oven and then, voila! 20 minutes later you have crusty, crispy chicken deliciousness.
**Nutritional Data is based on 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Yields 4 servings
Easy and fast crispy chicken. This recipe is gluten free, fix approved, and kid approved!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or more to your preference)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten free if needed)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix the parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs together and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts evenly with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with a thick layer of the parmesan panko mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the crust on top is a nice golden brown.
One more easy weeknight meal prep and meal planning tip….this chicken with the Roasted Parmesan Green Beans makes an awesomely delicious sheet pan meal. Just arrange both of these on a big sheet pan and throw them in. How’s that for some easy clean up?? I just love when that happens (I hate cleaning the kitchen)
Next time you’re in need of an easy, fast, healthy dinner, give parmesan crusted chicken a try. Your tastebuds will not be disappointed!